Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Surgery accomplished

Beatrix had her surgery today and everything went great! It has been a long day for all of us, especially little Miss Bea. She was so good throughout the entire ordeal.I think she started crying maybe once the entire time we were at the hospital and that lasted only a few minutes because the greatest nurse in history did this neat warm blanket papoose thing (which I have repeated tonight and it totally worked)! She was still pretty out of it after the surgery though, I think my little girl was a little high! Nona, Chris and I went to First Watch after to eat and she didn't make a peep. We even got through her first poop when we got home. Granted it took two adults to adequately clean one little bottom but I think I have the hang of it now. For some reason I get the poop detail 90% of the time! We have a checkup in two weeks to check her progress and then monthly checkups for a few months. All in all it was a success and she has been zonked all day, although when she was a wake today she just laughed and gurgled and had super happy times (after she ate of course!).


I wish I got cool Looney Toones hospital gowns when I went to the hospital



This is how she has been for the majority of the night!



No comments:

Post a Comment