Saturday, March 7, 2009

Amanda Eller Kirby


Amanda Eller Kirby was bornJuly 31, 1924 and passed away March 4, 2009. She was more than just a woman to me. She was family. She is one of the people who made me want to create, to show my feelings and imagination through an art form. Her medium was paints, mine turned out to be words. I thank her for that push into thinking the arts was "cool". I thank her for showing me that even though you are older in years you can still look great with long hair. I thank her for being my Mimi's best friend, my moms second mother and my Godmother. I am keeping my eye on Beatrix lately, they say that the very young are the ones that can communicate with the departed and if ever there was someone who would let us all know she made it over, that would be Amanda! Bea has one of Amanda's paintings over her crib so I am hoping that Amanda comes to visit her painting and Bea one night. God Bless you Amanda for everything you are. ♥♥♥